Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life is like a cup of delicious chocolate coffee... moments from the Man behind the Owl, Carlos Royal

At 3:00 am PST, 7:00 am EST, Carlos Royal, the man behind Molly and McGee,
sat at his kitchen table with a cup of chocolate coffee and talked to 5,000 people as if he "were talking to one person".

This man is truly amazing. His Carlowlisims...simple views on life and this owl
phenomenon have awed and inspired him. I saw one chat room member refer to him
as the Poster Grandpa....and how true that is.

Here are some of his quotes from this morning:

"Molly is the Diva. We are all just along for the ride"

"I get a 1/2 days work done before the world even wakes up"

His coffee recipe, which he stood up and shared with all of us...

Hot water (in the Molly Mug of course)
One BIG cup of Ghiardelli Chocolate (free plug)
One BIG cup of Folgers Instant
One BIG scoop of heavy whipping cream".
Hmmm...delicious...

Regarding his 'high tech" prowess with the webcams:

"I try to keep a healthy lifestyle so my brain stays alert. I'm pushing alot of buttons here and hoping everything goes right. But there is no red light to tell
me if I'm recording".

"My grandson,Austin, will be here at 5:00 am to help me with the videos...(Yes, a teenager, up at 5 am, helping his grandfather...).

Regarding his empty nest: Yes, we have had kids, and many pets..and we are glad they are all gone (he adds just kidding of course)..Donna is a cat person, and they have had over 9 kitties at a time.

Regarding the viewers who worry about the eggs:

"I am not a worrywart. You have to live your life. If you spend 90% of your time worrying, you are wasting time thinking of things that will never happen"

His favorite memories so far include being in the chat room with 20 people, and asking everyone to email their friends so they could get it up to 40 people.

Re: Ebooks, Chat Mods, etc..
"No one is making any personal money here..in fact, people are donating their time and volunteering and it's probably costing them money... so please donate by buying the Ebook.."

My personal favorite:

"I saw a cartoon that said that Molly was on the phone signing a seven figure Reality Show deal. He stops and chuckles, and says "I don't think so".. but if any of those bigshots from Hollywood want to give me a call, I'll be happy to talk to them."

Carlos Gump: Life is like a cup of chocolate coffee...live your life worrywart free. Be Nice. Don't argue.

I just love this man. And that's all I have to say about that.

Angela Barbeisch, Diva on a rant

1 comment:

  1. His name is rather celebrity like too...carlos royal!
    Love Molly and her owlets and love this man for bringing her on to me.

    ReplyDelete