Thursday, February 18, 2010

Livin for my hair....




As a woman of a certain age, forces of grey roots descend as relentlessly as the tide. Most fortunately, my good friends at Focus Salon do an extraordinary job of fighting my battles for me.

Sometimes you just want to change your look. So I did.

Most people liked it. But there are things you dread to hear..
"Oh.. you changed your hair." (Silence) (Crickets chirping..)
"Was your hair this color yesterday?"
"COOL hair Mrs. B..you look like my grandma now!"
"I have a great hot oil treatment I can recommend"
"Wow, that's different. Are you going to keep it that way?"


My personal favorite from a male patron at the Library:
"Whoa.. you colored your hair. Does your husband approve of it?"

Just look at Bon Jovi's locks... Gorgeous. Timeless. Any color, any style.

Do you think anyone asked HIM if his wife approved of his hair color?

Going back to brunette now..if the snow lets up enough for me to get to
the salon. About as much chance of that happening as stopping the aging
process. But as Jon says:
Hold on...We're half way there..whoahh ohhh...Livin' on a prayer


I bet Bon Jovi doesn't have to pray for the snow plow guy to get his hair
done.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diva on a Rant.. by Angela Barbeisch.. February 2010


1 comment:

  1. what every working woman needs to know now is in addition to creating a retirement fund, you need a Beauty Upkeep fund!! esp. since now apparently tipping people you would never think of, like the snow plow dude, is required in order to get to your appointment. ridiculoso.

    ReplyDelete